Updated: Jul 12
(Incorporated Association No. A0033038L – originally incorporated 17 April 1996)
Notice is hereby given that the 2022 Annual General Meeting of the Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc. will be held on Sunday 24 July 2022 commencing at 5:30 pm in the Main Pavilion of the Camberwell Sports Ground (McQueen Park) at 420 Camberwell Road Camberwell 3124 and for those unable to attend in person will also be conducted by Web Conferencing software (using Zoom – link to be available from the evening of 22 July 2022).
The Annual General Meeting will be followed by a “Meet the Coach” function for players with a discussion of preseason plans which will also be covered by the Zoom conference. It is planned to have finger food.
The business of this Annual General Meeting of members is as follows:
1. Opening of Meeting, including ‘Acknowledgement of Country, and Welcome to all present
2. To confirm the Minutes of the 25th Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 18 August 2021
3. To receive and consider the Annual Report of the Committee on the activities of the Club during the 2021-2022 cricket season
4. To receive and consider the Financial Statements for the Club’s 2021-22 Financial Year (the 12-month period from 1 June 2021 to 31 May 2022) in accordance with Part 7 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012
5. To elect the officers of the club and the members of the Committee, including determining the number of Ordinary Members of the Committee to be elected
6. To confirm or vary the amounts of the annual subscriptions and joining fee proposed by the outgoing Committee
7. To consider the nomination for election of Honorary Life Members (if any) and confirm the elevation of qualified members to Honorary Life membership
8. To appoint the Honorary Auditor for the 2022-2023 financial year; and
9. Introduction of, and address by, the New Senior Coach, David Alleyne.
The Annual General Meeting may also conduct any other business of which notice has been given in accordance with the club’s rules.
A member intending to bring forward any business for the consideration of the meeting must send notification of the details of that business in writing or by email to the Secretary no later than 5:30pm on Thursday 21 July 2022 to email@example.com so that the business may be notified to members as part of the Annual General Meeting documentation.
Nominations of Candidates for election to the new Committee must be made in writing, signed by two members of the club as proposers and endorsed and dated by the nominee.
All Committee positions will be declared vacant at the meeting.
Nominations must be received by the Secretary no later than 72 hours before the scheduled starting time of the Annual General Meeting, which for the purposes of this meeting is 5:30 pm on Thursday 21 July 2022.
The information is available to download here below.
Annual General Meeting documentation, including the Minutes and the Annual Report, as well as the link for the Zoom web conference, will be available on the club website from the evening of Friday 22 July 2022.
A member may appoint another member as a proxy by written notice given to the Secretary no later than 24 hours before the time of the meeting in respect of which the proxy is appointed, which for the purposes of this meeting is 5:30pm on Saturday 23 July 2022.
Anthony G Grace Secretary Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc.
DATED: Friday 8 July 2022