COLLINGWOOD CRICKET CLUB HISTORY
The Collingwood Cricket Club was formed on 18 June, 1906, and played its home matches at Victoria Park from 1906 until 1996, when it merged with the Camberwell Cricket Club to form the Camberwell Magpies. The club won four First XI Victorian District Cricket premierships.
Collingwood Cricket Club’s most famed product was John (Jack) Ryder, who was born and raised in Collingwood and played for the club between 1906 and 1930. He represented Victoria on 177 occasions, and averaged 51.62 with the bat across 20 Tests for Australia.
He was dubbed the ‘King of Collingwood’, and as such the oldest stand at Victoria Park is named in his honour – the Jack Ryder Stand. The Ryder Medal, awarded to the best district cricketer in Victorian Premier Cricket each summer, is also named after Jack.
Read more about the connection between the Collingwood Cricket and Football Clubs here.
J.A. Seitz Club Championship
1953/54, 1974/75, 1988/89
1912/13, 1970/71, 1974/75, 1987/88
1971/72, 1974/75, 1982/83, 1986/87, 1990/91
1955/56, 1970/71, 1977/78
COLLINGWOOD CRICKET CLUB TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Jack Ryder (C)
Keith Stackpole Jnr.
Keith Stackpole Snr.
Bill Baker +
Ken Smith (12th man)