(Incorporated Association No. A0033038L – originally incorporated 17 April 1996)
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc. will be held on Monday 26 July 2021 commencing at 7.30 p.m. at the Main Pavilion of the Camberwell Sports Ground (now known by the trading name “McQueen Park”), 420 Camberwell Road, Camberwell Vic 3124.
NOTE: Should circumstances change and there is a new Covid-19 lockdown imposed by the Victorian Government, the meeting will be conducted by Web Conferencing software (Zoom). All necessary details will be sent by email if this happens.
The business of this Annual General Meeting of members is as follows:
1. Opening of Meeting, including ‘Acknowledgement of Country’, and Welcome to all present
2. To confirm the Minutes of the last Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 22 July 2020;
3. To confirm, as deferred at that 2020 meeting until this 2021 meeting, the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 19 August 2019;
4. To receive and consider the Annual Report of the committee on the activities of the club during the 2020-2021 cricket season;
5. To receive and consider the Financial Statements for the Club’s 2020-21 Financial Year (the 11-month period of 1 July 2020 to 31 May 2021) in accordance with Part 7 of the Associations Incorporation Reform Act 2012;
6. To elect the members of the committee, including determining the number of ordinary members of the committee to be elected;
7. To confirm or vary the amounts of the annual subscriptions and joining fee proposed by the outgoing committee;
8. To consider the nomination for election of Honorary Life Members (if any) and confirm the elevation of qualified members to Honorary Life membership; and
9. To appoint the Honorary Auditor for the 2021-22 financial year.
10. Introduction of, and talk by, the new Senior Coach, Ben Ryan.
The Annual General Meeting may also conduct any other business of which notice has been given in accordance with the club’s rules.
A member intending to bring forward any business for the consideration of the meeting must send notification of the details of that business in writing to the Secretary by email no later than 7.30pm on Friday 23 July 2021 to email@example.com so that the business may be notified to members as part of the Annual General Meeting documentation.
Annual General Meeting documentation, including the Minutes and the Annual Report, will be available on the club website from Saturday 24 July 2021.
A member may appoint another member as a proxy by written notice given to the Secretary no later than 24 hours before the time of the meeting in respect of which the proxy is appointed, which for the purposes of this meeting is 7.30pm on Sunday 25 July 2021.
The Form of Appointment of Proxy for Annual General Meeting of the Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc. is attached to this notice.
All committee positions will be declared vacant at the meeting.
Nominations of candidates to the new committee must be made in writing, signed by two members of the club as proposers and endorsed and dated by the nominee.
Nominations must be received by the Secretary no later than 72 hours before the scheduled starting time of the Annual General Meeting, which for the purposes of this meeting is 7.30pm on Friday 23 July 2021.
The Form of Nomination of Candidate for Election to the Committee of the Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc. is attached to this notice.
Anthony G Grace
Secretary Camberwell Magpies Cricket Club Inc.
DATED: Thursday 8 July 2021