The 4th XI hit the Christmas break with a top four spot beckoning, but their post-Christmas period never got going, as injuries in higher grades took some of the depth away from their squad. The highlight was the T20 period, in which three wins were gained from four games.
We saw an increasing number of players from Deakin University play with the club this year, further strengthening this as a recruiting area particularly when we have absences when private school players aren’t available.
Neil Gray’s efforts as captain were much appreciated by the club, and a number of promising players from outside the club were able to make their debut for Camberwell during the season. This was highlighted by our effectiveness in the Sunday matches that we played.
- Players Used: 37
- Results: 7 wins, 8 losses, 2 no results
- Two Day: 2 wins, 5 losses
- One Day: 1 win, 3 losses, 2 no results
- T20: 3 wins, 1 loss
- Best Batting Performances
- Ben McIntosh made the most of the second innings against Ringwood, making 111*.
- Nathan Fitzpatrick made 79 runs on debut vs Fitzroy Doncaster in Round 2 at Camberwell Sports Ground.
- James Vlaeminck scored 73 runs also on debut vs Kingston Hawthorn at Watson Park in Round 4, while making 59 in his other innings for the year against Melbourne in the last T20 for the year.
- Oliver Chauhan scored 88 against Casey South Melbourne in the first two day game of the year, out of a total of 187.
- Alex Hammond walloping 82* as we chased down 115 in only 15.3 overs against Essendon in Round 9.
- Tom Vanderslik notched up his highest score for the club, with 93 against Frankston-Peninsula in Round 14.
- Best Bowling Performances
- Nathan Fitzpatrick also took 3/1 from six overs in that game against Fitzroy-Doncaster.
- Nick Chancellor took 5/29 in helping the team defend 252 against Kingston Hawthorn.
- Anton Ponnamperuma took 5/53 off 24.5 overs as St Kilda racked up 275.
- Neil Gray finished the season off with 7/42 to defend 119 against eventual premiers Monash Tigers.
3. Tom Donaldson – 203 runs @ 33.83 [did not qualify]
2. Oliver Chauhan – 266 runs @ 22.17
1. Ben McIntosh – 233 runs @ 29.13
3. Summit Kingar – 9 wickets @ 23.11
2. Neil Gray – 32 wickets @ 16.44
1. Anton Ponnamperuma – 23 wickets @ 12.96
4th XI Player of the Year (Points)
3. Oliver Chauhan – 102.60
2. Anton Ponnamperuma – 124.80
1. Neil Gray – 150.00